6/28/2009

Moab get away


Jeepin'


Derk and I always love getting away for some couple time. Life gets too busy and it is always nice to reconnect.


Derk at the Arch


Derk and I


Delicate Arch


Veiw of the Colorado River from our room.


Lauren


Mimi and Lauren at Chuckee Cheese. Mikayla was photographing. Maybe she didn't want anyone to know she went. :-)


Derk and I were able to get away for a few days last week. Derk had a retreat for work. It was really nice. We were able to spend some fun time with a few of his coworkers. Thier motto at work is... "Work hard Play hard". Great motto I think. We stayed in a really nice lodge by the Colorado River. We really enjoyed the seclusion and beauty of the place. Also, NO CELL Phone Coverage out there in the middle of the canyon. Derk golfed early one morning while I slept in. We hiked to The Delicate Arch, Had a couple of nice dinners with the group, and went Jeepin' with the group. It was so much fun! My mom flew into town and stayed with the girls. They had an awesome time with Mimi. She doesn't get to see them often enough so they get a little spoiled when she is here.

3 comments:

WheelersFamily said...

Looks fun! Although the "Jeepin" part looks a little scary. You two are so cute together! Both photogenic!

Jamie Bills said...

What a blast! I love Moab. I am glad you two got some couple time and it is even better that the cell phones didn't work! How fun.

Jason and Tricia said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I love all the pictures. Glad to have you back though!